Friday, June 17, 2016

Jack and Loyal Alumni

Jack came down to visit this evening. He always has a big time here at our house. Despite all the things he has to play with, putting the Doily on his head and seeing through the "netting" is one of his favorite "acts". With the Seward temperature shown as hitting 102 degrees late this afternoon, I decided it was time to switch my shirts from long to short sleeves. I counted 33 of the short sleeved ones in the storage closet downstairs but was rather selective in the number brought up. One of the problems some of us have, is disposing of a favorite shirt, regardless of it's age. I don't even want to think about how old some of those 33 may be. We have our annual Garland H.S. Alumni reunion tomorrow evening  where pictures will be taken.
I don't want any of my old girl friends comparing pictures with those taken 10 years ago and seeing that I have aged but still wearing the same shirt. Our small HS has always brought all alumni together for a school reunion rather than a class event. This will be the 50th anniversary of the last class to Graduate from "Dear old Garland High". The school stayed open for a number of years for elementary school before it also being consolidated with Seward. It is worthy of note that any organization can exist for over 50 years without having added any new members.

No comments:

Post a Comment