Monday, February 29, 2016

Breathing Test at SMHC

No, this isn't a picture of me in the booth getting a "breathing" test but is exactly what I went through over at the Seward Hospital Specialty Clinic this afternoon. I met last week with Dr. Rudersdorf who comes out from  Bryan in Lincoln, who had reviewed the CT scan of my chest that was done in December, and ordered this test. It was an interesting process and done on the 2nd floor on the new addition to the hospital. I visited with my brother Don last night and he had been through such a test some time ago and wasn't anxious about ever having another one. He had me "conditioned" to expect it to be much more difficult than what it was. The most difficult part was not breathing in after taking a deep breath, exhaling and continue to exhale or not breath for 10 seconds. This was repeated several times. (Note the clip on the patient's nose) It reminded me of the pressure felt when needing to go to the bathroom and having to wait. I was able to complete the test without embarrassing myself or the technician.

No comments:

Post a Comment