Monday, September 8, 2014

Golfing Books

Last week I wrote about one of my humorous little golf books which I had never read until later that evening. I then scanned, listed them with their original price, and took this picture. In going through them, I even found a Christmas Card from Elaine in presenting me with the "Kiss" book. The text book used in the Carl Everts Concordia University beginning golf course that got me started in the game is included with my class notes. Nebraska Golf Courses is another book that lists and tells about all the courses in the State. It was less than 20 years ago that I took up the game by taking Carl's course but it was a great source of enjoyment, fellowship and exercise during the years that I played regularly. During 2012 I played a total of 217, 9-hole rounds. Now that I haven't renewed my golfing membership and play only on special occasions, I'm ready to reduce my inventory of golfing material. I'm considering a Seward Swap event or a modified "garage sale".  Parting with old books and old golf clubs is almost like losing old friends, but I know it needs to be done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment