Friday, March 1, 2019

My Walker

Though I've used a walking cane for a few years, I moved to the next level of support with this "Walker" after coming home from Bryan Hospital with my collapsed lung problem. The walker provides considerably more stability when walking down the halls and enables me to stand up straighter while walking. Elaine has had one for a couple years but has been hesitant to use it very much until I got one. Now we walk to the Dining room and elsewhere here in Brookdale with them. Elaine is using hers now when using the clothes washer and dryer located down the hall. Both Elaine and mine are the very entry level. These is as much variation in models here as there is of automobiles in the garages. Most of them have attachments for "carrying" things. Some come equipped with a seat that enables its use as a chair. The simplicity of ours makes them relatively easy to fold up and slip behind the seat in a car. I have welcomed the use of a wheel chair with some of my recent medical appointments. It brings back the memory of Tim's arranging for me to have one in the Airports as we flew to Miami for a baseball game.

No comments:

Post a Comment