Thursday, March 28, 2019

Nurse Blake

Blake, a Nurse with the Angel's Home Health Care came to visit this afternoon. She checked my vitals; discussed how I was "coming along" and made some suggestion for further activity. She  reiterates the importance of the exercises  suggested by the Therapist but went beyond in encouraging projects and goals. I immediately thought about all of the pictures that I have scanned and never processed. I still have many of them on the desktop of my HP computer and could easily sped a hour a day working on them. Most can be improved by cropping and running them through a program of optimizing color. I knew this was something that needed to be done but when I wasn't up to par, figured that Jon may have to do it someday. Her discussion encouraged me to see what I can do.
Josh was also here this morning and gave me a good workout. After checking vitals and some discussion, we walked down to the exercise room and I worked the Nu Ride bike for 7 minutes with a couple breaks. We then walked back a significant distance in the other direction before sitting down on my living room chair. We continued with a few weights and rubber strap exercises. He promoted walking to the extent that I went out later this afternoon and walked further down our east hall than I had ever been. It was even interesting to see the "front door" decorations of friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment