Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Michelle

A lot happened around our unit today after Carolyn and Ben went down to Lincoln in the rain and picked up a Nebulizer from ACS Medical,LLC for my home use. Carolyn got it all set up and provided my initial treatment here at about 2:00pm. Carolyn was back at 3:00pm when Michelle RN from  Angels Care Home Health  from Lincoln spent a couple hours getting me signed in, going over all my medications with Carolyn, and even re-bandaging my right side where the surgery took place. We will have 2-visits per week for the first couple weeks and then once a week for about 7. My stated goal is to get back to the way I was feeling some 6-months ago. Carolyn was back after supper and gave Elaine instructions for giving me another Nebulizer treatment before bedtime. I use the Symbicort inhaler with 2 "pufff's" in the morning and 2 more during the evening. I have also utilized the Incentive Barometer 5 times so far today and expect to do it on another 10 breaths. I have walked down to the end of our east hallway 3 times and plan to do 1 more trip this evening. The Doctors at Bryan have told me that the amount of therapy, exercise and water I drink will be as important in achieving my health goal as what they did with the surgery and treatment. We are all certainly working at it.

1 comment:

  1. This blog page is the 2800th one I've published since late in 2010. You can pull them up on any subject by entering a couple words in the little block to the left of the Title page and picture.

    ReplyDelete