Saturday, March 30, 2019

Therapist Alenah

Alenah was here this morning to lead me in my exercise therapy. After the initial check of vitals and discussion we went on a long walk down all 3-sections of this east Independent living component of the building. She estimated the round trip at 1200' which is close to a quarter of a mile. I was able to do that with my walker and be huffing and puffing no more than a much shorter distance when I first got home. After a few minutes of rest we did her regime of "stand-up" exercises at the kitchen sink.  I hold on to the front edge of the sink and do 15 repetitions of the following with each leg. Heel raises & rocks; Marches; Kick to side alternating; Kick back & bend at knee;and, Kick back & keep leg straight. These are things that anyone can do to build  up leg muscle. We walked our Omaha paper down to Marv Taylor's room this evening which added to my distance of the day. This is all in addition to 3-4 sessions on the Nebulizer and 4-6 breathing exercises during the day on the Spirometer. I had a pretty busy day getting material typed up to visit Ken Morgan Monday afternoon on our Income Tax. It was interesting watching Texas Tech beat Gonzaga 75-69. I stayed up last night to see Duke beat Virginia Tech 75-73 but they were lucky to win. Purdue is leading Virginia 30-29 at the half.

No comments:

Post a Comment