Friday, March 15, 2019

Full Day of Therapy

Chris, a physical therapist nurse from Angel's Home Health Care from Lincoln got to Brookdale this morning about 10:30. She had started her examination and questioning of me when Carolyn arrived with Jack. She had a meeting earlier this morning with a Landscape Designer for their new home. Jack brought along his First Aid kit and put me through some of the same things that Chris had done. She will write-up several exercises to help me achieve my recovery objectives and be back next week to get started on them. As noted in the picture, it appears that a rubber-strip will be a part of the process. Elaine and I continued to use the Nebulizer, Inhaler and other therapy. We had an excellent Trout Dinner and I was able to "clean up my plate" for the first time since getting back from Bryan.
After a few more exercises, I had a short nap before being awakened by Elaine visiting with Marie, an occupational therapist nurse from Angel's. She put me through tests, did examinations and worked me over pretty good in preparing a program of therapy for me. She took my blood pressure several times at various stages of activity. She too will be back next week to get me going. It was interesting to learn that Ivan and Mrs. Sedlak were her Grandparents. Then about 4:00pm, Michille came. She too put me through several tests and checks and reported some information of Dr. Summa's office which is a requirement, I understand. I now have the impression that at least 2 Therapists will be working with me a couple times a week for the next 2-3 weeks and then it be cut to once a week for the next 7 or so. It is all a considerable challenge but I certainly have great Support.

No comments:

Post a Comment