Wednesday, March 6, 2019

John Denver & my frustration

We are enjoying an hour and a half NET program on "John Denver: Country Boy". He was certainly one of our favorites back in the '70's. We even had an opportunity to see him in live concert down in Kentucky when Tim was working with the Social Security Administration down there. We not only enjoyed his music but also appreciated his respect and support of environmental issues. The program is especially important to me after spending several hours this afternoon attempting to get a 2018 1099-R form from the Ameritas Life Insurance Corp. Though we had moved to Brookdale over a year ago, the form for 2017 was delivered to us and we never got our address changed. For many years the monthly check has been directly deposited in our local bank account. It is for the 8 years that I worked for the State of Nebraska with funds deducted from my salary for a retirement fund. Upon retirement I selected a lifetime annuity which the State provided through Bankers Life which later became Ameritas. I have a copy of the 1099-R form for 2017 which I received a year ago and have spent hours on the phone and computer trying to get our address changed and the 2018 form. John Denver's music is helping relieve me of the frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment