Sunday, March 10, 2019

Bryan Hospital

After  nearly a week in Bryan Hospital in late February with a collapsed right lung, I didn't expect to be back here so soon. On early Friday morning, it was apparent to me that I needed help breathing. Elaine & Carolyn got me down to the Emergency room at the Seward Hospital where Dr. Novak inserted a small tube in my right-side lung cavity.  I was taken to Bryan by a "rescue vehicle" where further x-rays and options were taken and discussed. An arthroscopic surgery was scheduled for early Saturday morning. I was heavily sedated and have little or no memory of the operation or recovery until about 6:00pm when I had some supper. Though Elaine, Carolyn, Julie and Sadie came to visit during the afternoon. I was too sleepy to visit with them. I slept good last night but our wall clock was re-set from 2:00am to 3:00 am for Daylight Saving time. (At home we always reset the clock before going to bed.) X-rays and other procedures began soon after but I caught a pretty good nights sleep. I was able to set up in my chair during most of the day.  I was able to watch Rev. James Keck from First Plymouth per normal and Elaine and Carolyn got down ahead of noon. My flowers from Julie and John were set up on the Mantle. We were able to have a good visit even with a lot of traffic through the room all day. The Doctors reported favorable readings of the X-Ray and from other information.

1 comment:

  1. I called your house about 6 p.m. our time as I was concerned since you hadn't posted on your blog for a couple days. Glad to hear everything went well and sounds like you are on the road to a good recovery this time to last awhile! I'll call you Monday afternoon to check on your progress. Love, Janice

    ReplyDelete