Thursday, March 31, 2016

"My Career in SCS"


I finished editing and printing the 10th and final chapter of, "My Career in the Soil Conservation Service" today. This would not have been possible without my Diaries, Journals, Highlights and  Biographical information which I prepared some years ago. My 33 year career included 10 years here in Seward at the local office working with farmers on conservation practices such as terraces, waterways, irrigation, dams, tree planting, grass seeding, etc. It then picks up 4 years in Lincoln during which time I worked on Watershed Planning, Construction and as an Administrative Trainee. At the completion of the training
program I was transferred to the USDA headquarters in Washington D.C. where I worked in Personnel,  Administration and. finished out my career. I not only worked my way up the career ladder to the Senior Executive Service but was also able to attain an MBA along the way. This would not have been possible without the support of my wife and an understanding family. My 10 Chapters include the names of hundreds of people that I worked with over the years. I don't know if anyone else will ever read it, but like many activities, "it's the journey and not the destination" that is most enjoyable. The journey of writing it brought back many happy, vivid memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment