Saturday, March 12, 2016

Fiala Auction


Schweitzer Auction service conducted the Dr. Bob Fiala sale at the Seward Ag Pavilion today. As with most recent actions, I go to look at the "stuff" (like going to a Museum) and visiting with friends. Bob and Maxine enjoyed collecting items of interest from many trips to the Orient and elsewhere. They were both well respected educators and it appeared that many of their former students and friends wanted items as "keepsakes".  I didn't buy a thing but enjoyed the collection of various art forms.
There was a large amount of furniture, pictures, tools, garden equipment, etc. Bob and I served on the City Council together for several years and also drank coffee together so we knew each other very well. He lost his wife a couple years ago, has had some health problems, and is now living in one of Seward's Care Facilities. He had converted some 35mm slides to a DVD for me at one time and thought the "machine" may be on the auction but I didn't see it. He may still be using it or passed it on elsewhere. I was only there for an hour or so and came home to load up things to take to the Recycle Center. When we got there, we found that it now closes at 10:00am on Saturday mornings and we were used to it being open until 11;30.  I had things to do on the computer at home so didn't go back down to the auction.

No comments:

Post a Comment