Friday, October 16, 2015

Looking Back

This was taken back in 1970 in front of our fireplace when we lived on South Arlington Ridge Road in South Arlington, VA. After working on a ladder cleaning gutters for a couple hours this afternoon, I needed something to help me remember what it was like to be young. We lived in this house for 11 years and couldn’t have been in a more convenient place for the kids going to elementary and middle school. They were also able to catch a bus to go to Wakefield HS. It was convenient for Elaine and I to get down to the USDA Building and for my classes at George Washington University. We were only a block away from a shopping center where the kids had part time jobs and delivered newspapers. Those were very interesting years, but I’m pleased that we made the decision to come back to Nebraska; especially since Carolyn made the same decision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment