Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Jack Edward

Here is Jack Edward  approaching 5 months and getting to be a “big boy”. He is our first Great Grandson and looks like he will be able to keep up with his big sister Sadie who is just over 2 1/2.. They are a great pair. That right hand of Jack’s looks like it will fit over a baseball in the not too distant future. I’ve got many stories to share with him about the great game of baseball and how much better game for him to focus on than football. I may even tell him the story of visiting with a couple fellows at an Agricultural Meeting in Lincoln a few years ago. We got on the subject of baseball and I proudly mentioned having played in the outfield when I was a young man. The one guy asked who I played for and I proudly said  Garland in the Blue Valley League and Seward in the Cornhusker League. He said he had a son-in-law that played baseball, and I asked who he played with. The father-in-law almost embarrassingly said, “San Francisco” and when I asked his name, he said,  "Darin Erstad”.  We didn’t talk much about my baseball playing after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment