Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tapes and Equipment

Here are some of the Bluegrass cassette tapes that were in one of the boxes I bought for a dollar down at the auction last Saturday. We have listened to several of them and  are all in good shape. They remind me of the music we listened to on our car radio as we drove through eastern Kentucky and West Virginia on our way back to Virginia in early 1948. We packaged up 4 other Bluegrass tapes this morning and sent them back to son Jon, I hope he enjoys them. I don't know how much longer equipment will exist for playing cassette tapes. We kept one of our old TV's recently and put it in the basement primarily for playing our old VCR tapes. We made several some years ago when we used our camcorder to record events. We even bought the full set of Ken Burns baseball tapes and have only watched 2 or 3 of them. It must have been 15 years ago that we bought them and at that time, told Elaine that I would watch them when I got old. I interpreted that to mean that I was no longer able to play golf. I may be approaching that time and the rainy weather has kept me off the course for the past 3 days, but I'm not there yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment