Thursday, March 22, 2012

Our '92 Buick LaSabre


We washed the white sidewalls of our old '92 Buick this afternoon. Then set up the tripod and took this picture. I'm also going to add the picture that was taken 20 years ago when we brought it home as a new car from Rolfsmeier Motors. The similarity of the two pictures is remarkable. I suspect that Carolyn took the earlier picture which was easier than my having to set the camera and then run to stand next to Elaine. I must admit it took more than one try. There is something about a picture being taken without anyone near the camera that often results in a questioning expression on the face of the people being photographed. A thin cloud cover when the picture was taken this afternoon seems to have changed the coloring.
A closer look at both the car and the people might reveal more change during the 20 years that what shows in these pictures. I had radical prostate surgery shortly after we got the car but we have both enjoyed very good health during the time period. The car has been the best we have ever owned. I have never had to add oil between 3,000 mile changes during it's 153,000 miles. Nor have I ever applied any car wax other than utilizing the polish that is available at our local car wash. I can't imagine that a '92 Buick LaSabre will ever gain in value like the '57 Chevys' and other classics. But, if this car were stored for the next 20 years, it would take very little to get it restored to "new" condition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment