Wednesday, March 7, 2012

SHS Girls BB

Our Seward HS Girls basketball team is still basking in the glory of having won their 101st consecutive game and 4 straight Class B State Championships. The weekly Seward paper came out today with a special section devoted to their story. But as this picture demonstrates, Seward girls have been playing basketball for a long time. The "uniforms" were a bit different in 1910 than those worn today and I'm sure their game was as much different as the uniforms. My Mother would not have been in SHS until a few years later and I don't recall her ever mentioning a girls basketball team. She had 6 brothers and told many stories of playing baseball. In fact, she told of teaching me to catch a ball when I was so young that I don't even remember when I couldn't do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment