Friday, September 7, 2012

Baby weight gain

We had good news that our new little Great-
Granddaughter weighed 9 pounds, 2 ounces at her 1  month check up today. It's good news since she weighed 8 lbs. 1 oz at birth but then lost weight for the first couple weeks. They got an improved feeding regimen worked out and she is really doing well now. This picture was taken at the Seward County Museum recently and includes much of Dr. Bert Morrow's office equipment. He was the Doctor that delivered me many moons ago so it was interesting seeing his old stuff on display. Of particular interest is the baby scale in the foreground. I weighed 9 pounds when I was born and wondered if I was weighed on this scale. Since I was born at home I  might have just been weighed on a little spring scale like we used to use to weigh frying chickens when we sold them. Whatever it was, it didn't stunt my growth because by drinking goats milk, I was up to 25 lbs. at 6 months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment