Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Word Searches

Doing Word Searches has been one of Elaine's favorite pastimes. I knew she was  pretty serious about finishing Charles Timmerman's Giant Book of Word Searches, when she moved to the table. It is Volume 8 with 327 pages and one of several that son Verlon has sent to her. As the time for "The Wheel" was approaching (where she likes to "out guess" the contestants), I set down and volunteered to help her find the last two words, "fast" and "rise". I use a very methodical system and  usually find the word, the first time through. That wasn't the case with these 2 words. It was on the 3rd time through that I found "fast". I was able to locate "rise" during the 2nd pass. She still has Volume 9 and 12 from Verlon and is already working on one that Jon and Anna brought out on their last visit. It is called "Bible", Find-A-Word, Parables, Prayers, and Prophets with Large Print. It contains about 85 puzzles, many of which she has already done. I'm sure it would be a good way for me to learn to spell many biblical words. With our low air temperature at 9 degrees below zero this morning and barely getting above zero for a high, any inside entertainment is appreciated. The "Wind Chill low was -27.

No comments:

Post a Comment