Thursday, January 3, 2019

Sharing Across the Generations

Son Jon and Granddaughter Anna are visiting us this week. We have had a great time and I ask Jon to do the blog page this evening. He had taken the picture earlier in their visit.

Taking the time to share stories and pictures with the younger generation is an opportunity that you never want to miss. Pictures of places and times and individuals may seem not that interesting to the person that took the pictures, but to that other generation, these pictures can hold the key to stories of a bygone era.
This week Anna and her Grandmother have had time to share photo albums and share stories, even a game of dominoes. Both seemed to enjoy the experience. I recall similar one-on-one times with my maternal grandfather, who would take me fishing. One of my favorite stories from years ago was that of my grandfather and I on one of those fishing adventures. He would reach into his pocket, take out his pocket knife and cut up an earthworm and bait his and my hooks. Then he would reach into his pocket, take out a chunk of cheddar cheese and slice a piece for me to eat! Yum!

I'll never forget those times and I suspect that my daughter will never forget her times with her grandparents.


No comments:

Post a Comment