Saturday, January 19, 2019

Flash Drive Indexes

I have written several times about my efforts in preparing pictures, life stories and family history to pass on to others. I have kept a Daily diary or Journal for much of my life and taken pictures since buying my first camera as a teenager. In retirement, I have written thousands of words about our travels and activities. When we got our first computer back in the early '90's, I began compiling stories, pictures, etc. and later putting it on CD's and DVD's. Then some 10 years ago bought my first Flash Drive. It is a Red Lexar Jump Drive with 256MB capacity. As time went on I added  a Red Verbatim FD on which I have stored some 2,850 blog pages of "The Crow's Nest". A black "Cruzer Glide" 8GB FD was the next addition which contains our Pictures and Activities from 2010-2018. Next came the purchase of a package of 2 Sun disk, Cruzer Glide 32GB, Flash Drives. Jon gave me some help in getting started with these. The #2 holds all of our 35mm slides that we took from 1950 through 1975 which I had scanned. #1 contains all of our scanned printed photos from 1950-2018 along with considerable other information. The latest is another Cruzer Blade 32GS which I bought with the past year on which I have placed all our scanned items from 2000-2018. The whole process is still very much a "work in progress". There is some duplication, stories still to be written and added, but reaching this point is a benchmark. I will continue to make revisions and look forward to suggestions and help.

No comments:

Post a Comment