Monday, January 7, 2019

'48 Ford Pickup

This is one of the few models that I moved up here to Brookdale. Many were sold on our Auction a year ago and some were given away. This one was special for a couple reasons. While ours didn't have the white side-wall tires, it is the truck that I drove as an SCS employee when I started with the Agency in 1948 here in Seward County, NE. "My truck" had the USDA emblem on the door along with the "Soil Conservation Service". Some 50 years ago when I was working out of the Washington office, we got new decals for placement on our Government vehicles. About that time, four of us from Headquarters were conducting Management Training sessions for representatives from the State Offices. I had just bought a new personal, hard-sided, black, brief case and one of the fellows asked if he could paste the decal on it to show the group how it looked. I agreed, it looked sharp, and used the brief case for a number of years. I was able to take a picture of it and past in on my model truck as shown. Now the "rest of the story" is that Son Jon who has worked for the agency for many years, visited us last week and took the old black briefcase with the decal still in tact, home with him to Washington DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment