Sunday, January 20, 2019

Little Carolyn

When Carolyn stopped by this afternoon, I showed her how easy it was to pull-up pictures on the Flash Drives that I mentioned in the Blog page yesterday. This is from a 35mm slide that I scanned from a box of June 1957 slides.  With her beautiful long curls and pleasant smile, she  really "stood out" with her 3 brothers and the Concordia College men that we housed. Elaine doesn't remember the story on this pink dress for sure, but thinks it came from one of her relatives in Wyoming. These folks were involved in Oil Mining and had two girls that out-grew high quality clothing that they passed on to us. This went on for several years while Carolyn was growing up. Elaine and I had both worn hand-me-down clothes while growing up which was a very practical way of utilizing resources. I'm sure that the young rose bushes next to the garage and trellis in front of Carolyn, are some that I would have brought home from the Nebraska Nurseries where I did some part time work in addition to my USDA job. Carolyn's Granddaughter is older than what Carolyn was at the time of this picture. I hope Sadie gets to see this someday as well as many of the other pictures of her family that I have so enjoyed working with.

No comments:

Post a Comment