Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Doing Chores

Elaine got the New Year started off right doing a washing this afternoon. While she misses her old machine and the freedom of using it whenever she wished, she has adapted to the facilities and schedules here at Brookdale. I have helped a few times when she didn't feel up to par, but she takes a lot of pride in being able to do it by herself. I have written before about how easy it it to take it for granted that there will be clean shorts, shirts, socks and handkerchiefs in the dresser drawer every morning  and clean shirts  and khaki pants hanging in the closet for me to choose from. Our "chores" are a big part of our exercise program since we've been here. I'm afraid that I get more mental exercise with my work on the computer but I do fix breakfast every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment