Thursday, January 31, 2019

Larry & Shirley

Larry and Shirley from Beatrice entertained the residents at Brookdale at 2:30 this afternoon. They were originally from Wymore. I understand they have "played" here before, but this was the first time for us to hear them. There were indications that Shirley had been a "concert pianist" and Larry sang. Their routine was for Larry to sing "every other" piece. Some of her best numbers were the "rags" that she played. There were probably close to 25 residents in attendance but must admit that I left about 2/3rds of the way through their program and went to the exercise room. I hadn't had my afternoon nap and the music made me sleepy. This was the 2nd time this week for me to log some mileage on the Nu-Ride bike. They are the kind where you pull levers with your arms and push peddles with your feet. It is easily adjusted to accommodate people of various size and desired level of difficulty. The exercise room is near the location of the Hot Chocolate and Ice Cream machine which is a good incentive.

No comments:

Post a Comment