Saturday, October 15, 2016

A Full Day



Norm Helzer sent us tickets for the Lincoln Center Kiwanis Club Pancake Luncheon this noon, and we had a great time. Pictured are Dayle, Elaine, Bill and I. Dayle was the head of the NE Natural  Resources Commission during the '80's and my boss. I sponsored him in the Club and he just completed his 30th year. Bill was a good friend back in those days when I was in the Club and headed the 4-H programs in the State with the Extension Service. I had an opportunity to visit with many old friends whom I hadn't seen in some time. Rich was on the Commission staff and told of their breakfast meetings. Gary was with NRCS and is now the Kiwanis Lt. Gov. for District 21. He and son Jon are old friends so we had a lot to talk about. I also visited with Clinton and his wife, Imogene, who are old friends from SCS Days. Elaine was able to visit with Val and Darlene. Val was actually my sponsor in to the Lincoln Center club. We drove back to Seward on Highway #6 and saw some things we hadn't seen for a while. It has been a full day with an Auction this morning, Kiwanis Luncheon, Nebraska 27-Indiana 22 football game, Cleveland 2-Toronto 1 baseball and Chicago Cubs leading the L.A. Dodgers 3-0 in the 4th inning. Plus our talking to both Tim and Jon this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment