Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Vrana 1st Cousins

This was taken out at the Vrana farm north of Garland in the late 20's with my Mother, Aunts, and 1st Cousins. The aunts are: Anna, Rose and Tillie (my Dad's sisters), Dad's brother John's wife Anna, and my Mother, Florence. The little kids are (l-r) Dick, Bob (twins), Lindy,  my sister Vivian and me. Another cousin Ted,  a couple years older  isn't on the picture. We were the first "wave" of the 27 eventual cousins. Interestingly, Ted is one of the 14 of us still around and he celebrated his 94th birthday recently. We have always been a close-knit family with annual family reunions when we were kids and then Cousins reunions as our parents passed on. For the past several years, Pat, one of the younger cousins has compiled a Newsletter from information provided by us individual cousins. We are all indebted to her for helping to keep us all in contact. It was her request for information that prompted me to write this and see if this picture has ever been included in a Newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment