Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Old Swimming Pool

Seward Swimming Pool in about 1930.  This shows the round shape of the pool, the water "purification" system and the famous slide. I don't know if it was true but Grandpa Walker told the story of the slide having been built with it's width being reduced a bit as it went down. The joke was that the plump wife of one of the City officials got stuck in the slide on her way down. We moved to the farm when I was 6 years old and never got into the pool until I was probably about 13. The slide was still there but I never went down it. I'm sure it wasn't as safe as the plastic slide that is in the new pool but I don't remember hearing of any "real" problem associated with it and expect it was a lot more exciting. How about those vintage autos.

No comments:

Post a Comment