Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Past Peaceful Times

This is one of the many pictures that I came across today in scanning Advantix pictures taken in 2000. This one in the backyard of our house is of school teacher Carolyn and college student Julie along with Elaine and I. We missed having Julie around since she had just moved into a Dorm down at UN-L. We had a busy day so I didn't spend my normal amount of "picture" time but enjoyed the other activity. It included a visit from a dear friend from the church that brought up a neat little floral gift. Some folks who moved to Brookdale from Arizona a few months ago invited us to their unit for coffee and cookies to get better acquainted. They were from Wisconsin originally and have family here in the area. We were pleased to strengthen our friendship and look forward to future discussions. On our way back to our unit, we met friends who were going to a "Sing with Eli" session in the Dining Rm. so we joined them. We sang Christmas songs and told Christmas stories and received small treats. I was able to get a short nap before going to a good Supper with Chocolate Pudding dessert.  Then my brother Don called me this evening with interesting news about their future living plans. The National political news also took some time, but all-in-all, it was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment