Sunday, December 9, 2018

Importance of Words

This is one of the pictures that I came across this afternoon while finishing the scanning of our 1999 pictures. It was taken down at Cattle Bank with me as part of their Halloween exhibit. I blended in pretty well with the rest of the characters but didn't really plan to use it on my blog page. However, as I've written before, we don't miss watching Rev. James Keck of First Plymouth Church  on Sunday mornings. His message today was on the History of the English Bible. He took us from the original Hebrew 3,000BC years ago through the translation to the Greek in 2,300BC and the first English translation by John Wycliffe in the 1360's. The original "King James version" was released in 1611 with numerous translations along the way to the "Revised Standard Version" in 1990. According to Rev. Keck the word "Behold" was taken out of that late revision. He feels like "We become what we Behold" and is a vital word in our understanding of the original intent of the scriptures. I also followed up with the computer on this subject but still questioned if I had sufficient knowledge to tackle such a subject so tossed in the Halloween bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment