Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Old Red Wings

This pair of old Red Wing boots came into view today as I scanned pictures from 2002. I would have bought this pair soon after we moved back to Nebraska in 1980. Julie got a similar pair recently and told Carolyn about being with me when I took the one for the left foot, in to Spence Shimmerhorn, and had him put a little patch on the toe. It seems I had hit it with the chain saw and cut a hole. If you look closely, a little hole even shows up in the patch. I must have worn these for working out at the farm and in our back yard for 20 years. It appears that I had on new ones at the time I dropped theses in the garbage can. Julie was real pleased to get a pair for herself with leather shoestrings just like mine. I believe she may have even gotten a pair for John to wear for yard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment