Monday, December 31, 2018

My Brother, The Auctioneer

I always admired my Brother Don's skills and abilities as an Auctioneer, but seldom have had an opportunity to be "in the ring" and help him spot bids, hold up items, or whatever. However, this was an event at UN-L East Campus back in 1992 when the Soil Conservation Club held a "Hired Hands" Auction. (We didn't call it that in those days). As I recall, it was a very successful event. The Club was active with environmental plantings on Campus as well as providing some scholarships. Don had a very successful career as an Auctioneer, having been President of the Nebraska Association and Auctioneer of Year on one occasion. He is basically retired but still has the ability to hold a audience with his ability and humor. He and I also sing "The Auctioneer's Song" at family events.

No comments:

Post a Comment