Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Microsoft Word

Jon was able to come back out and spend some time with us again tonight after having spent the day working with people in Lincoln. He will fly back to Washington, D.C. tomorrow. His visit here was very timely in helping me learn some of the "tricks" in the WORD program. Just a few minutes ago he showed me how to "search by date" through trash, which would have saved me having to redo a file yesterday. This updated version of Word provides for the computer doing some of the thinking for you. I am typing up our "Highlights of the Year 2018" and am doing it by the Month and Date. It assumed that I wanted the dates listed consecutively instead of the date when something happened that I wanted to list. Trying to just delete the consecutive date and manually enter the desired one was almost impossible until Jon showed me a way to get around it. There were 2-3 other examples of the computer trying to help and Jon was able to show me how to overcome its help. I will do more work on it tomorrow before I forget the "tricks" even though I made notes. Kids in school and people working in Office settings don't realize how lucky they are to be able to ask a fellow student or worker about their problems.

P.S. I am so lucky to have a Dad that, at his age, works so hard and persistently to continue to fine-tune his computer skills. It is my pleasure to share my knowledge of computers with him. Gives us Father-Son bonding times. (Jon)

No comments:

Post a Comment