Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Jack and I.

This picture caught one of the happiest moments of the day. As soon as I got home from coffee, Jack wanted me to set down so he could set on my lap. He had already drug out his rocking chair and rocking horse that he played on, then pushed them up close to the chair so I couldn't get up and go away. After some time on my lap, he did move the obstacles and led me over to the Christmas tree. I believe he "knows" every ornament and always has to move a couple of them to a "better" location. He heard his Mother's voice while at the tree and his eyes lit up, but he wasn't anxious to get his jacket on and leave. He really likes his "Mommy" special, but likes everyone he gets to know. We have a large, framed, High School graduation picture of Julie that he brings to show me "Mommy" every time he's here. Seeing some of the news coverage of 
Servicemen being welcomed home by little kids makes us realize how fortunate we are to be able to enjoy seeing Jack's day-to-day progress. I saw an older neighbor out walking his dog while on my way to coffee, while I'm sure is good for him, in no way does it compare with having Jack around. I told him this morning that he didn't know how lucky he was to have part of his family close by and to be living in Seward, Nebraska. He didn't disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment