Saturday, July 23, 2016

Schweitzer Auction

Schweitzer's conducted an auction at the Seward Ag Pavilion today of material that had been collected for many years by a lady realtor. She had been divorced for some 40 years and lived alone in a big house that provided room for considerable storage. As a realtor she obviously had access to considerable "stuff" but also never missed a bargain at an auction or a garage sale. This picture of ironing boards and step ladders are just an example of how she collected things in "multiples". She collected almost everything that came her way and apparently, never threw anything away. 
It was surprising to me how well most things sold. I don't suppose her son, nor former husband, will have any idea how the final return will compare with the purchase price but I suspect it compares favorable with many investments. This canvas covered decoy brought over $100.00  and the little beer keg over $200.00. I doubt that she paid more than $5.00 for either of these items and it might have been much less. I would be happy to get my money back from the Model  farm tractors, trucks and cars that I collected during the past 30 years. I had gone down this morning and Elaine and I went back down this afternoon for her to see some of the kitchen things that brought back memories. We understand that this is just the beginning of this collection and that additional auctions will be scheduled.


No comments:

Post a Comment