Friday, November 13, 2015

Beautiful Fall Day

Elaine hustled around this morning and got up to the Church to help with the pricing of items as they were being brought in for the Bazaar tomorrow. I would have had plenty of time to get to the 1st Impressions Committee meeting at 9:00am but completely forgot about it. I did get to coffee and as usual, learned a few things. The leaves on our Red Oak in the back yard continue to take on a more reddish-brown color which is a sign that they will be dropping within the next week or so. The Yellow Maple leaves from the tree in the front yard are basically down. I did get out in 60 degree sunshine to tear out the “Heavenly Blue Morning Glory” that was thriving along with our Clematis on the railing of our front porch. I used the rake and blower to get the leaves and other residue out to where I could go over it with the lawn mower. I then put the grass catcher on the mower and went over the front yard and picked up all the stuff.
It was all put on the compost pile to begin the process of decomposition. I was also able to finish up my 1989 narrative that has taken me much longer than anticipated. Much of it had to do with our becoming involved with the Soil and Water Conservation Society in Ankeny, IA. It was ironic that as Elaine was doing the final proof reading of the 16 page, single spaced document, I came across this little “Made in China” rock doll that someone gave me for my desk while at Ankeny. I don’t know what message was intended with the expression displayed, but somehow it always seemed this little guy was telling me that whatever it was that I was working on, wasn’t as important as I thought it was. And beyond that, It was telling me that I wasn’t as important either as what I thought I was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment