Monday, January 5, 2015

Seward Kiwanis Kitones

Our Kiwanis singing group, The Kitones made several appearances during the Holidays and didn’t have the regular weekly practice last Monday evening. Practices did resume this evening and I didn’t attend with the weather and my recent cold part of the reason. However, the bigger reason may be in the result of my “Pain/Pleasure” analysis. While I have enjoyed singing and the camaraderie of the group over the years, it is offset by the stress of leaving a warm house to go out in the cold, learning new music, and, night driving on crowded slick streets. I have been singing with the Kitones since the spring of 1992 while under the leadership of Harry Gieselman and during the past several years, Paul Beck. I’m not quite ready to turn in my music but on these cold, dark nights, staying home where it’s warm and Elaine is making hot chocolate & pop corn, has a lot of appeal and tilts the equation in that direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment