Friday, September 16, 2011

Jon Leaving

Here is Jon leaving the house at 6:30 this morning on his way to finish his session with the fellow NRCS representatives from the several Midwestern states and then to head back to Washington. He sent an email from the Omaha airport while awaiting his flight to Chicago and then on to Dulles airport. I offered to let him wear one of my light jackets but he declined. We haven't done much plane travel in the past few years but it's interesting how the "mode of dress" has changed over the years. During the 70's and 80's when I was doing a lot of official travel on airlines, a blazer, slacks, and a necktie was standard garb. On long flights the blazer was placed in the overhead storage, the tie loosened and the shirt collar unbuttoned. I remember having a pair of jeans when we lived in the Washington area but don't believe I ever wore them away from our home. Change takes place and I hope the changes are for the better.   

No comments:

Post a Comment