Thursday, September 1, 2011

60th Wedding Anniversary

Here is another picture from the CD that Cousin Phil Vrana gave me some time ago. This was taken down at the Seward Park on August 29, 1948 at a Family Reunion in celebration of Grandma and Grandpa's 60th wedding anniversary. I am certain that the fellow to the left of Grandpa is his brother John who was 5 years younger than Grandpa but lost his wife Mary, in 1936. John appears on the Grandparents wedding picture as a young man but Mary didn't come to this country until 1888, married John in 1896 and died in 1936. The other lady may be Anna Houfek Ruzicka, a half sister of Grandma's who is included in the Wedding Picture.
My Diary entry for August 29, 1948 is: "Don and I went to Church. Vrana family  celebrated Grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. Utica beat us 4-1 in 12 innings, I got a double. Took Elaine to the Outdoor Theater".

No comments:

Post a Comment