Thursday, February 9, 2017

Vrana Family History

Yesterday I told of moving out the the old Vrana farm NE of Garland in 1932. This picture was taken in 1922 and was on a CD that Cousin Phil Vrana sent me back in 2004. The silo had been taken down and the cow barn had an addition by the time we got there. The barn was built around 1918 so it was pretty new at this time. I went though the pictures from Phil while watching Duke beat North Carolina 86-78. It was a close game all the way. Allen had 7 3's and 25 points. 
Here is a picture of Phil and his siblings with our Grandparents taken back in about 1947. Phil was a handsome young man and probably in college. I remember of seeing the family at the state fair in Lincoln the year that Phil was entering his freshman year and how I envied him. The CD also had this picture of my folks at the time of their 67th wedding anniversary in 1987. Nebraska just tied Wisconsin 53 up with 3 minutes to go. They were down by 3 when Jacobson hit a 3 with 1 second left to take it to overtime.  Wisconsin went on to win 70-69.

No comments:

Post a Comment