Sunday, February 5, 2017

Patriots 34-Falcons 28

Was it just me, or was this the least interesting Super Bowl game ever played. Maybe my hoping to see the Patriots win (or at least be competitive) may have had something to do with it. Are the Falcons really that good and does playing at home make that much difference. When has Tom Brady ever been sacked as many times as he was in this one. I didn't even like the media production of President and Barbara Bush. We know that President Bush was very ill recently and that a stroke has affected his appearance, but why bring them out to "toss the coin". Have we no decency in our quest to break television records.
I will wait until reading the reviews to express my choice of commercials. Part of my problem is that I don't understand most of them.  I would like to say how much I enjoyed Lady Ga Ga, but you have probably already guessed what I thought of it. There was some redemption with the Patriot's touchdown and 2-point conversion that made it 28-20, but it looked like it was too little, too late. However, Edelman's catch, just ahead of the 2-minute warning, looked like "Divine Intervention" leading to a TD and another 2-point conversion for a 28-28 tie. This was the first overtime game in Super Bowl history. New England won the toss, elected to receive, went on to score a TD and won, 34-28. At one time Atlanta led 28-3 before the Patriots scored 31 unanswered points. The Post Game talk is that this was the most exciting game in Super Bowl History. I wrote most of this blog prior to the last 10 minutes of the game, and it's amazing how a win can change the impression of the whole event.

No comments:

Post a Comment