Saturday, September 19, 2015

1987 Narrative

Elaine and I finished our narrative write-up today for 1987. I have been working on it for the past couple weeks. I’m doing it on Microsoft Word and inserting pictures. While we had listed highlights by the Month it was very sketchy. During the writing of this narrative, I read every page of my 1987 journal. Critics would say that I  include too much detail but making reference to the names of many of the people that I was working with at that time, is what makes it interesting. Some of the names were never spelled correctly so as Elaine was editing, I would Google them on my laptop. On some I found their Obituary which was a shock. I ended up with 23 pages and 14,911 words. We were burning the candle at both ends in ’87 with the farm, our house in town, and my job with the Nebraska Natural Resources Commission. Julie was the Bright Light that helped us keep it all in perspective. This is my favorite picture of the year of she and I going out to the garden at the farm with the weed eater. I probably wouldn’t spend as much time as I do on these projects if it wasn’t that I so enjoy doing it. It’s a bit of reward in retirement to be able to do back and read about what happened years ago and put it all in  “story” form for future generations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment