Monday, May 28, 2012

Joseph J. & Antonia (Milacek) Vrana

Here is a picture of Joseph J. and Antonia (Milacek) Vrana taken in about 1909. They are my paternal Grandparents. Grandpa would have been in his mid 40's and Grandma in her late 30's at the time. My earliest memories of them was in the early 1930's and by that time Grandpa had a long white beard, was retired and an "old man" in his late 60's who went on to live to be nearly 87. Grandma lived until she was nearly 90. I wish that a High School teacher would have assigned me the task of interviewing each of them and writing a lengthy paper on what they might have told me. It is one of my regrets that I didn't show more interest in their lives and really get to know them. They were both born in Caslav, in the Czech Republic and came to this country as children with their parents. We put a flower at their tombstone the other evening and will treasure the memories that we do have of them.    (This picture was copied and cropped from one of Grandma's family)  
This is the way their farm looked a few years after the above picture was taken and the barn was built. 

No comments:

Post a Comment