Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sadie Hawkins Day

It wasn't on Sadie Hawkins Day, it wasn't even Leap Year, but the results were similar when Elaine's brother Dale, brought his little sister over to meet some of us guys from Garland. Dale had built some terraces in our neighborhood and become acquainted with Don Armstrong. Dale thought that Don might want to dance with Elaine but when he hesitated momentarily, I jumped at the chance. And, the rest is history. I don't know whether to contribute some things to "chance" or Divine Intervention but the meeting of Elaine, our getting married, my going to work of the USDA Soil Conservation Service, all must have been one or the other. I certainly didn't run any of those major decisions through an analytical thought process. I just did what I thought was right (or is it possible that Sadie had something to do with it.)

1 comment:

  1. Elaine agrees with my thought that "Sadie" may have had something to do with my "intuition".

    ReplyDelete