Monday, August 1, 2011

The Sea and the Wind...

This is an update of my June 29, 2011 blog where I told of having received the "Essays of E. B. White" as a gift. I have enjoyed 24 of the Essays and look forward to the remaining 7. With the air temperature showing 102 this afternoon and the heat index above 110, it was a good time to enjoy the air-conditioning and read. I seldom read more than one essay a day so that I may be able to keep their message in mind. Today's reading was "The Sea and the Wind That Blows". E. B. tells of his addiction to sailing and the unique pleasures it provides. Our oldest son in Richmond, VA built a small sailing boat a few years ago and while he talked about his sailing pleasures, I never quite understood what he was describing until reading it from E. B's description. I copied the 4-pages and will send it to our son. He is an avid reader and may have already seen it, but if not, I'm sure it will be of interest to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment