Tuesday, August 2, 2011

An Old Man & an Old Shirt

You wouldn't  believe how long an old man can keep and continue to wear an old shirt. This plaid shirt was bought when we were still back in the Washington, D.C. area. I bought a light tan summer suit at Raleigh's and got this shirt and a maroon tie to wear with it. I also got a dark green shirt with a flowered tie at the same time. The suit has long since moved on to the local EtCetra store. I suppose the ties are in a box downstairs where they may some day become part of a quilt. But the shirt lingers on. It hasn't been worn more than 3-4 times a year during the past decade but is still one of my favorites. This shirt helps take me back to when it was new and I was in the "Prime of Life" in an important Civil Service position. I'm not sure of it's effect but I did make a couple points in our City Council meeting this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment