Thursday, March 12, 2020

Now I am Holding

With the DOW down 2352 points today it made me think about other "investments" that I might have gained just by "holding". I bought this 1936 Ford Victoria with low mileage off the Dealer's lot for $35. in 1958. We utilized it as our 2nd car. Elaine took Verlon and Tim to Sunday school one morning and didn't get the back door closed tightly after Tim hopped in the back seat. I watched them leave and when she made a left turn near the front of our house, the door flew open and 6 year old rolled out onto 5th street. Elaine stopped right away and I ran out and picked him up. He wasn't hurt and they went on to Sunday school. That experience gave us a bad impression and we sold it to some boys from Bee for $90.00. I have no idea what it may be worth today had I just put in storage but that amount would certainly offset some of the dollar amount that our stock investment portfolio has lost in the last few days. I trust that this time I will just hold and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment