Saturday, March 14, 2020

Handyman Duties

I don't recall in planning for my retirement to have a scene like this in the picture. With some many things curtailed or "locked down" activities are pretty limited. During the time Jon's we're here, Carolyn had a little relaxation from her care of us but one of our necessities is a "Plastic Bag" everyday for our garbage. It's mostly from breakfast and paper but needs to be emptied every day.  I met Ben out at our Front Entry where he handed me a bunch of empty plastic bags. I'm shown here compressing the air out of them and placing them in a bag where I can pull out one every morning to place  in my waste basket. I have concluded that we have left Brookdale off the hook too easily by eating breakfast in our room.  It has caused Carolyn to bring in Orange and Prune Juice, Milk, Breakfast food, and Coffee in addition to our Pills and personal necessities. I have already received a favorable response to my question about plastic bags and believe we should be able to fill our Milk, Orange and Prune Juice containers in the Kitchen. I realize it is our decision to have breakfast in our room but it is quite a burden for Carolyn. My planning for Retirement Activities was based largely on finances and didn't think about the day-to-day living requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment