Sunday, March 8, 2020

Family Visit

Carolyn was down to fill our pillboxes today and was able to visit with Jon, Mary and Anna. It was an ideal time to get this picture. Jon and I did some more work on the computer this morning.  I have prided myself in having published Blog pages since 2010, but when working with Jon on it, I realize how little I know about the whole machine. Jon has been retired since late November, 2019 and I've asked him to write a bit about how he has adjusted.

"After contributing to the conservation movement for nearly a half century, it's a nice "break" to retire and focus in another direction - 19th century American and Irish history. The best benefit in retirement is "opportunity cost." When working, everything had to be a measure of opportunity cost - do one thing or the other, not both. Now, if I do one thing, I can do the other thing, the next morning!"

No comments:

Post a Comment