Sunday, March 29, 2020

Bright Sunshine

This was taken out of our Patio doors at 6:30 this evening. It's 7:30 now and the sun is still shining on the houses on 4th Street. The flag is still in the sunshine. We have really enjoyed the sunshine today. It was the first we had seen for several days. Our news papers were late this morning for no obvious reason. I did have the Local section read and breakfast ready when Elaine got up. I brought my coffee over to where I could listen to Rev. Keck with his sermon from First Plymouth in Lincoln. He told of never having had an opportunity to meet his Paternal Great Grandfather but had heard many stories about him in Cedar Rapids, IA. He had an "Ice House" business in that community back at the turn of the 18th Century. He spent time on his front porch with a large Dictionary checking  unfamiliar big words. He came across a word that came close to summarizing what is written in Psalms 23. He painted that word on the side of his ice wagon and delighted in explaining to those who asked, what it meant. He went on to say that his Grandfather and Father were both Ministers and his being the third in a row. He went on to speak on: "The Lord is my Shepard; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures. He leadeth me beside the still Waters. He restoreth my soul:" etc. It was a most impressive service. We had a quiet day of enjoying the sunshine. We did participate in our resident Rev. Bill Lewis's 2:30 Church service this afternoon here in our Dining Room.

No comments:

Post a Comment